Hunger . Nutrition . Climate . Justice
Putting People at the Heart of Global Development
Rising global temperatures will make it harder for everyone to have access to nutritious food. Those who are already poor and vulnerable will be most affected.
The global challenges of hunger, nutrition and climate justice are closely related. The right kind of food helps build our immunity to disease and keeps us healthy. Without a balanced and nutritious diet and clean water, children can't develop fully affecting their lives and the lives of their children.
"Promise Hill Project fully embraces the concept of social responsibility. We recognize the need and the importance of assisting our communities, our businesses, our governments and our countries.
Although we originate from different cultures, we speak different languages, we practice different religions, and we support different political parties - we are still ONE WORLD."
~Lisa Arbogast, Founder
Facts on Poverty and Hunger
UNITED STATES OF AMERICA
- Approximately 9.7 million people live at or below the federal poverty level.
- 41 million households in the United States suffer from food insecurity, while 13 million of those households house children.
- Children living in poverty are 1.3 times more likely to have learning disabilities or developmental delays.
- Kenya has been ranked eighth globally and sixth in Africa among countries with the largest number of people living in extreme poverty.
- 14.7 million of the 49,684,304 people make less than $1.90 USD per day.
- An extended drought has affected 23 of Kenya's 47 counties.
- Approximately 365 million people live in poverty in India.
- More than 200 million people don't have sufficient access to food, including 61 million children.
- It is estimated that around 12.5 million children between the ages of 5 and 14 do not go to school, but instead, work in factories, quarries, prostitution, fields and private households.
Promise Hill Project is part of the
Tom Thumb Good Neighbor Program!
You can now link Promise Hill Project's Good Neighbor account number (14297) to your
individual Tom Thumb Loyalty account using the Customer Add/Delete form
Once your information is linked to Promise Hill Project, your purchases will be recorded automatically to Promise Hill Project's Good Neighbor account. Tom Thumb will keep a running total, and each calendar quarter, Tom Thumb will send Promise Hill Project a check for one percent of the total amount.
You can have up to three organizations linked to your Tom Thumb Loyalty account. The amount directed to Promise Hill Project is based on the total number of organizations linked to each Loyalty account in a household.